Location: 400 Sampson St, Hereford, TX 79045, USA
The Deaf Smith County Historical Museum is museum dedicated to preserve the West Texas pioneer heritage with a collection of both indoor and outdoor exhibits and also maintains the 1909 E. B. Black House as a social center. The county is named for Erastus “Deaf” Smith, a famous scout during the Texas Revolution. The museum has a display of arrow points, pottery, tools and other Indian artifacts donated from a private collection. A General Store is one of the main exhibits of the museum which displays items from early business establishments in Hereford.